Street photography is just one place where you can use your Canon Rebel digital SLR camera as a imaginative tool. However the camera is just half of the equation. Additionally you have to have a good Canon Rebel lens, and one of the 50mm versions will measure up with regard to that element. There are three possibilities, those being the f/1.2, f/1/4, and f/1.8.
Your choice of which one of these lenses just isn’t as critical as it might seem, considering the difference in cost. The f/1.8 will be the cheapest bargain at about $ 100. Plus the costs rise to around $ 350 for the f/1.4 and over $ 1000 for the f/1.2. Granted, the quality of build is definitely different, but the high quality of photography can be extremely close with all three.
There is one more hurdle along with obtaining proper gear. If you’re not comfortable talking with strangers, this could be a struggle for you to talk to a complete stranger in order to request permission to get their picture, nevertheless, after you have done it more than once, it is easier. This will be very true when you realize the wonderful results. Street pictures are much more interesting than your standard family portrait. That is, unless of course your Granddad Lamont or Auntie Louise is as fascinating as a lot of the street residents you will come across in the downtown areas and shopping malls.
There are five things that you can use to make it easier to be able to acquire those great shots after you manage the problem of shyness.
1. Never ever venture out without having your camera. We all do it, but it is a better plan to keep on telling oneself that you should never set off without it. After several weeks of bringing the digital camera each time you leave house or office, and it’s going to become second nature. Absolutely nothing (well, almost nothing) worse than arriving upon a fantastic photo op on the street when you do not have the photography equipment on hand. And this does not necessarily mean that you have to tote the whole camera bag along with you. You simply need your Rebel and dependable Canon Rebel lens.
2. You want to keep Canon 50mm lens on the dslr camera. There are a couple of advantages of making use of this lens rather than one of many other choices. First, the 50mm is a practically perfect portrait lens because of the great quality and great aperture. And next, it is small and light. It does not wear you out carrying it for a number of hours. Plus, many people will probably be put off by a giant, showy piece of glass.
3. Avoid the use of your flash. You will get natural photos without a flash, and also on the street, this is especially true. You can make use of the large aperture of the 50mm lens to obtain a nice quick shutter speed, and if the brightness is very low, just boost the ISO of the Canon Rebel to speed up the shutter.
4. Be ready before you ask permission. Ensure all of your dslr camera settings are correct previous to walking towards your subject. It could possibly mess up your possibilities when you have to stop and set mess with the camera whilst the individual is awkwardly waiting.
5. Have your model release forms accessible. If you intend to use your pictures in some public location, you will need to obtain a release from your individual. The good news is that there’s currently an app for your iPad and the iPhone just for this. It is possible to go digital!
That’s it. You, too, can be quite a street photographer. Get out there and shoot!
More Dslr Camera Articles